Researchers at WCM have access to world-class facilities and services, comprehensive grant administration support and a variety of other resources.
Research Administration at Weill Cornell Medicine (WCM) is a mission-critical component of the Office of the Vice Dean of Research and creates a supportive environment for biomedical, clinical and social scientific research discoveries. WCM Research Administration is charged with providing university management and guidance to:
- Ensure compliance with all federal and university regulations
- Enhance the overall productivity of the research community
- Develop a standardized body of knowledge, and
- Support and maintain best practice methodologies in research
WCM research administrators are key partners in research. Research administrators facilitate research collaborations, compliance to federal regulations and policies, management of research projects, proposal preparation and submission, contracts negotiation, research project management and financial management and oversight.
VIVO is a researcher profile system and networking tool that enables collaboration among scientists across all disciplines. The primary goal of VIVO is to offer faculty and researchers a polished and accurate web presence.
ITS offers significantly discounted software to WCM faculty, staff and students for personal use through their website. Popular titles include Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Cloud, SPSS, EndNote and more. You can now use your CWID account to download software titles for your research needs.
The WCM Library provides SCISSORS (Scholarly Communication Information Services in Support of Research) which helps with:
- Research Support
- Author Support & Manuscript Preparation
- Systematic Reviews
A lab website allows you to raise your profile, publicize your research and connect with colleagues around the world. If your PI doesn’t already have one, this site will provide step-by-step instructions on how to create one.
The Find a Collaborator tool utilizes VIVO to connect researchers at all stages.
Weill Cornell Medicine (WCM) has research core facilities that provide cutting-edge resources that enable critical advances in basic and translational research. Our core facilities offer high-end technologies, experienced core directors and dedicated core staff that offer the expert support for experimental design, sample preparation, data generation and data analysis that is needed to perform successful research studies.
WCM Core Laboratories Center (CLC)
- Chemistry (Milstein) Core Facility
- Citigroup Biomedical Imaging Center (CBIC)
- Flow Cytometry Core Facility
- Genomics and Epigenomics Core Facility
- Imaging Core Facility
- Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR) Core Facility
- Proteomics and Metabolomics Core Facility
Clinical and Translational Science Center (CTSC) Cores
- 3D Printing Core*
- Bioinformatics Services
- General Core Laboratory
- Molecular Core
- Multiplex Analysis Core
- Nutrition Research Core*
- Research Design and Biostatistics Core
Other WCM Shared Research Resources
- Tri-I Stem Cell Derivation Laboratory
- Tri-I Genetically Modified Animal Phenotyping Facility
- Belfer Gene Therapy Core Facility
- BMRI Neuroanatomy Electron Microscopy Core
- Applied Bioinformatics Core
- Biostatistics and Epidemiology Consulting Service
- Iodination Facility
- Emergency Freezers
- Research Animal Resource Center (RARC)
Core resources at Other Institutions with Special Access for WCM Investigators
- MSKCC Mouse Genetics Core Facility
- MSKCC RNAi & Gene Editing Core Facility
- RU High Throughput Screening Resource Center
- New York Structural Biology Center
- New York Genome Center
- The Methodist Hospital (Houston) Core Facilities