The Office of Postdoctoral Affairs (OPA) was established in 2003 with a mission to support and assist Weill Cornell Medicine postdoctoral scholars in their professional training and development.
Our office is dedicated to enhancing the quality of life for postdoctoral scholars at Weill Cornell Medicine and advocating on their behalf to leadership and college administration. The goal of the OPA is to improve the quality of the postdoctoral training experience and prepare these individuals for their future careers. We carry out our mission through:
- Providing professional and career development programming and resources for postdocs across the community
- Counseling postdocs with respect to mentors, housing, job opportunities, funding opportunities, University policies and practices, and life in NYC
- Facilitating new postdoc orientations and social/networking events
- Increasing the visibility of postdocs and to assist in community building
- Serving as an information repository and liaison among postdocs, faculty, administrators and external constituencies
- Offering expert guidance and resources to the University community on the administrative management of postdocs
- Advocating for resources and policies that enhance postdoctoral training and promote a supportive and inclusive training environment at the University
Visit our Postdoctoral Opportunities page to find out how we can achieve your goals.