There is no U.S. citizenship requirement.
The AWS Diagnostic Development Initiative (DDI) provides support for innovation in rapid and accurate patient testing for 2019 novel coronavirus (COVID-19), and other diagnostic solutions to mitigate future outbreaks. Although vaccine and treatment development research is generally funded by private foundations and government agencies, fast and reliable diagnostic techniques are slow to be developed. Accurate testing and diagnosis at point-of-care or regional locations for patients with COVID-19 is critical to early intervention and treatment. AWS is offering technical support and providing AWS promotional credits to support the use of AWS services to advance diagnostic research for selected institutions and companies.
For more information on this funding opportunity, please click here.
You should briefly address the following topics:
- A short description of the diagnostic problem to be solved.
- Research abstract.
- The types of technical support for AWS services that would be useful in your research.
- How you plan to use AWS services to support your COVID-19 diagnostic research.
- An estimate of the AWS promotional credit requested to support your COVID-19 diagnostic research.
- Any plans for sharing research outcomes (tools, data, and/or resources) created during project.
- List of anticipated Principal Investigators for your COVID-19 diagnostic research.
- Provide links for up to three publications related to your COVID-19 diagnostic research