We are seeking two highly motivated and ambitious postdoctoral fellows to join the group of Dr. Douglas Nixon. The lab is located in the Weill Cornell Medicine Belfer Research Building in the Department of Medicine at Weill Cornell Medicine in Manhattan, New York City, NY. Our lab is working on translational immunology research, with the focus on HIV infection, human endogenous retroviruses, and the brain. Major projects include:
• Using iPSC derived brain organoids to investigate HIV dynamics, HIV reservoirs, and novel HIV treatments for HAND, in the context of SUD.
• Characterize and profile human endogenous retrovirus regulation and expression within single cells in lymphoma and identify neo-antigenic HERV epitopes in AR-DLBCL.
In addition to a Ph.D. and/or M.D., the candidate should have expertise in the following techniques (all highly preferred but not required):
• Molecular biology techniques (DNA related work (propagation in bacteria, isolation, PCR), RNA related work (isolation, qPCR), WB, CRISPR)
• Virological techniques including HIV-1 propagation, p24 ELISA
• Tissue culture
• Flow cytometry
• Immunology methods (cytokine detection by ELISAs and/or flow, ELISPOT, CTL cloning
Training in retrovirology, human immunology and/or T cell biology is highly advantageous but not necessary.
You will be working in a highly-productive, well-funded, vibrant, interactive, friendly and intellectually stimulating research group, with collaborations throughout the USA, and international research links in Brazil, England and Mexico. Fluency in English is essential. Candidates should have the ability to work independently as well as in a collaborative research team and have a strong desire to make a major contribution to the field of Retrovirology. The position offers competitive salary and immersion in the rich scientific environment at Weill Cornell Medicine, Rockefeller University and Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in the New York City area. Successful applicants are eligible to apply for postdoctoral housing. Weill Cornell Medicine is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
If interested send your cv and list of referees to: Douglas Nixon at email@example.com.